The JNC Scholarship is available to:
- High school graduates who have been admitted to an accredited college/university program, and will be starting their studies in the Fall 2015 semester; or
- Current college students enrolled in an accredited college or university.
Applicants should be enrolled in colleges in the New York metropolitan area.
The JNC Scholarship recipients may apply again for scholarship funding in subsequent years.
The Scholarship amount is $3,000.
To apply for the JNC Scholarship, you must submit the following documents:
- Application Form (to download the form, click here)
- Proof of Enrollment
- A copy of the first two pages of your parents’ most recently filed IRS Form
- Letter of Recommendation**
Guideline for Essay
You are asked to write an essay to share your educational and career goals. Your essay should include the following:
- A short family background and personal history
- Your educational and career goals
- Things that have inspired or helped shape your goals
- An obstacle you have faced, or will be likely to face, while pursuing your goals
- What steps you will take to address those challenges
- How achieving your goals will impact your life and the lives of others
Guideline for Letter of Recommendation
You are required to request one letter of recommendation from someone who knows you well and has
served in one of these roles for you: a teacher, counselor, mentor, coach, employer, community leader, or religious leader.
The letter should describe:
- The context in which the recommender knows you
- Your potential for success in college and in life
- How you demonstrate one or more of these qualities
- Your perseverance in the face of adversity
- Commitment to one’s community
The recommender should mail his or her Letter of Recommendation to:
P.O. Box 518
Alpine NJ, 07620
The deadline for the Recommender to submit his or her Letter of Recommendation on your behalf is April 15, 2015, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
All documents should be mailed to:
P.O. Box 518
Alpine NJ, 07620
JNC will email acknowledgment of receipt of all submitted applications.
- JNC will first review applications’ documents and select candidate scholars based on selection criteria.
- JNC will then interview candidate scholars and select final scholars.
We select JNC Scholars based on:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrated academic potential
- Demonstrated motivation to succeed in college and in life
Payment of Scholarships
Award payments will be made via check, with payments made out to the order of the college in which the selected student is enrolled. Once awards are granted, recipients are requested to provide necessary information for payment delivery.
Your application and all supporting documents must be submitted by April 15, 2015 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Being selected as a JNC Scholar is an honor and a privilege. In order to make the Scholarship continuously improving, we ask that you commit to your own academic achievement and success, as well as to supporting the academic achievement and success of other JNC Scholars. As a JNC Scholar, you will commit to:
- Attending the summer Leadership Program sponsored by JNC Foundation
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better
- Supporting and mentoring new JNC scholars
- Supporting and helping to improve the JNC scholarship program
- Promptly responding to emails, text messages, and other communication from JNC Foundation
- Promptly notifying JNC of any changes to your telephone number, email or home address